How to Write an Article Title? Good Heading Examples
It depends on the title in many ways whether they will read the text on the site or not. A good headline increases the number of views, a bad one destroys quality content. In this article, you will learn 10 techniques for creating catchy headlines and learn how to use them as examples. Learn to quickly and easily come up with interesting names using the information in the table below.
10 tricks to write a catchy title
In some cases, I provide links to ready-made materials that use the techniques for creating catchy headers described below. This will allow you to better master the theory in practice.
|No.||Description of Reception||Header Examples|
|one||Use numbers. They attract the attention of readers by showing how much useful information is in the article. It’s important not to overdo it. For example, the article “199 Techniques for Increasing Personal Effectiveness” may not be read – not everyone needs so much information.||10 tricks to strengthen your article title7 simple techniques to speed up a copywriter|
|2||Use the words “instruction”, “manual”, “checklist”. Readers like materials that have ready-made guides to solve their problems.Reception is suitable only for voluminous articles that really pull on a ready-made guide.||How to do SEO text optimization? Beginner’s Guide|
|3||The question is in the title. It attracts attention, causes interest. Reception can not be used too often. If all the articles on the site are with subject headings, this will cause the opposite effect (readers will get tired of such content).In questions, you can add amplifier words like “right”, “better”, “fast”, “simple” and others.||How to write headings for articles?How to start working as a copywriter without experience and portfolio?|
|four||The title is intrigue. Use carefully, as Reception is not suitable for every article. The headline should arouse interest, intrigue for the reader to open the article and satisfy his curiosity.||Secrets of successful copywriters: what do not beginners talk about?How to write a headline: secret copywriting techniques|
|5||Reception “Everything.” The heading with the word “everything” draws attention, because shows that the article has collected all the information on the topic of interest to the reader (and this should really be the case).||All ways to increase the uniqueness of the text: we analyzeAll freelance and remote work exchanges|
|6||Reception “The most.” It’s similar to the “All” method, but now we use the word “most” in the name to attract attention.||The most expensive topics in copywriting: what is it profitable to write about?|
|7||Reception “Caution”. This word attracts attention because people are interested in knowing what to fear. It should be used carefully and only in those articles where appropriate.||Caution, training! How not to stay with an empty pocket after courses|
|8||Reception “New”. This word indicates the availability of new information on a topic of interest to the reader. Everything new attracts attention and causes interest.||10 new freelance professions15 new ways to make a catchy headline for an article|
|9||The title is a call. He calls for something to be done, checked or found out. It encourages action, due to which it arouses interest and desire to open an article.||12 errors in copywriter texts: check to see if you have them?10 errors in the contracts: check your documents!|
|10||Reception “For.” Focuses on who the article is written for. If your content has a narrow audience, you should use this technique to attract its attention.||For beginners: improve the portfolio in 15 minutes.For engineers: where to look for orders on freelance?|
As you can see from the examples above, some headings use several tricks. For example, the reception of “Figures” and “New” in example No. 8. This is normal practice, as a combination of techniques enhances efficiency.
General Tips for Writing a Good Title for an Article
- Try to make headlines shorter . Optimal use up to 6-8 words. Longer titles take longer to read, harder to read, so they work worse.
- Do not use the trick when Each Letter is Capitalized . This does not work and only annoys readers. From the point of view of the Russian language, this is wrong.
- Try to put the main words related to the subject of the text at the beginning of the title.
- Carefully use the intrigue . The headline should explain to the reader what the article is about. If this is not clear, they will not read the content, no matter what the intrigue is. Examples of bad intriguing headlines: “Everyone should know this!” Or “Tomorrow you will know about it, but it’s better to find out today.” What is meant? It is incomprehensible and do not want to read.
- Consider the target audience of the site where the article will be posted. For business people, it is better to use some techniques, for a youth audience – others. For example, it is not always appropriate to use slang. In a business or serious publication, the headlines that attract attention in teaser networks (“yellow” headlines) will look strange.
- Do not form excessive expectations . The reader should receive in the article all that you promised in the headline. For example, if you write in the heading “New techniques for writing articles for websites”, then the text should contain really new techniques, rather than rewriting what is already on the Internet.
- Write in a simple and understandable language . Terms are carefully used whose meaning may not be known to the audience.
- When optimizing the headline for search engine queries, try to make the text meaningful, and the inscribed queries invisible to readers. Do not use keywords in the headings.
How to come up with a good headline? Two easy approaches
Copywriters are divided into two groups:
- Those who come up with a headline before preparing the text.
- Those who come up with a headline after writing an article.
Both options are working, so test in practice how you prefer writing the article title – before or after preparing the content.
Tip: always come up with a minimum of 3 heading options, then pause and evaluate which one is better. Modify this option and put in the article.
Sometimes it’s useful to come up with several options, pause. Then come up with a few more options. Pause again. And at the second iteration, select the best title for the article and use it.
If you can’t think of a heading at all, read the examples from the table at the beginning of this article, then pause. Your brain will begin to generate ideas, and you will come up with an interesting version of the title for the article.
Using the tips from this master class, you can come up with catchy headlines quickly and simply for ready-made tricks and examples. We recommend adding the article to your favorites so that if necessary you can quickly return to it and not search for content on the site.